a new start.

Lately I have been working on a piece for my friend sophie's salon which she asked me to do almost a whole year ago! I am embarassed it has taken me so long to do it. It is one of those things that seems so easy to take on, then so hard to actually finish. This is where I am so far.


It is based on the same design/idea of this but maybe with something different than snakes. Snakes were the subject of the whole series last time, but I feel like I need to do something else. But what? I wish my magical internet friend would tell me what it is, but sadly I have none. I do love the snakes, they remind me of being a kid in the country, kind of the scary part out it. When I was little they always seemed to show up when I was alone and vulnerable, they scared the shit out of me although my dad told me many times that they were easy to pick up and nothing to be scared of. Everything else I think of for the artwork seems cliché, snakes haven't really seem their heyday yet. They're no bird, or deer antler.

In other news, I bought some very cute aqua-ish velvety fabric to make Cora a coat this year, it took alot of coaxing to get her to want this particular color and fabric rather than some sparkly wool she had her eye on. Actually I just forced her into it–that is the power of being a mom, so I am crossing my fingers that I will get done with this thing for Sophie so I can start working on it! I have some really cute hedgehog fabric I got when we were in Japan for the lining, I think it will be perfect for it. By the way, I have had to ask Nate 3 times how to spell something while writing in this, I am so embarassed. So much for that spelling bee trophy from 2nd grade.